How to install PHP PEAR packages using cPanel
This article describes how to use cPanel to install PEAR (PHP Extension and Application Repository) packages on your web site. PEAR packages are reusable PHP code libraries that can speed up web site development.
Installing a PEAR package
To install a PEAR package, follow these steps:
- In the SOFTWARE section of the cPanel home screen, click PHP PEAR Packages:
The “PHP Extensions and Applications Package” Installer page appears.
- Under Using Your PHP Extension(s) and Application(s), note the path where the PEAR packages are installed. You will need this information later when you update the PHP include path. cPanel also provides sample PHP code to add to your application.
Install the desired PEAR package in one of the following ways:
- Search for a PEAR package. Type the name in the Search text box and then click . For example, to search for packages related to XML, type xml. Scroll down the list until you find the desired package and then click the Install link.
- Click the Install link.
button. Scroll down the list until you find the desired package and then click the
- If you already know the name of the package that you want to install, type the package name under Install a PHP Extensions and Applications Package and then click
- When installation is complete, click Go Back.
The installed package is now listed under Installed PHP Extension(s) and Application(s):
- To update the package, click
- To reinstall the package, click
- To uninstall the package, click
- To view the documentation for the package, click
- To view a list of packages installed systemwide, click
- After you install a PEAR package, you must configure the PHP include path. For information about how to configure the PHP include path for your web site, please see this article.
For more information about PEAR, please visit http://pear.php.net.